Room for Your Wheelchair, Your Family and so Much More
The Chevy Express and GMC Savana are two of the most spacious and customizable full-size wheelchair accessible van options we have available.
The GMC and Chevy wheelchair vans offer multiple conversion options, a smooth ride and loads of space. Our Chevy and GMC models are perfect for people who have larger, more bulky power wheelchairs or who just need the extra space to allow for more family and friends to come along for the ride.
Choose Between Two Conversion Options
With the GMC and Chevy full-size vans, we offer two different accessible conversion options:
1) The 6” Full Cut Lowered Floor Option: We drop the floor down from the front firewall to the rear wheel wells to provide ample headroom and space for interior maneuverability, all the while maintaining the external look of the van’s roofline and body profile.
The low cut floor option allows for wheelchair users to drive right from their wheelchair allowing adequate headroom without sacrificing visibility. It also allows the driver to comfortably fit underneath the wheel and to maintain a low center of gravity while in transit.
We are the ONLY wheelchair vehicle company who offers this great option on our GMC and Chevy full-size vans.
2) The Raised Roof Option: We keep the floor at the manufactured height and instead lift the roof upwards and raise the side doors to allow ample space for wheelchair users to maneuver within the vehicle. This increases your interior space and allows for much needed headroom throughout the vehicle.
Both of our conversion options come with the following features:
- Fully Automatic Wheelchair Lift
- Power Side Door Opener with Built in Manual Release
- Driver and Passenger Quick Release Seats
- Single-button Remote for Door and Lift
- Exterior Mounted Switches to Operate Power Door and Lift
- Dash Mounted Switches for Door and Lift Operation
- Four Point Wheelchair Tiedowns with Lap and Shoulder Belts
- Additional Right Rear Leaf Spring for Lift-side Suspension Support
- Dual Battery System
Looking to drive your vehicle? Our team can make it happen. We modify your conversion van with driving hand controls that are custom fit to you. They also don’t interfere with the regular driving functions of the van, meaning both wheelchair users and non-wheelchair users can drive the vehicle without any complications or switching of controls.
Learn more about our conversion process.
Chevy/GMC Wheelchair Van Dimensions
Since both the Chevy Express and GMC Savana are built on the same frame, they are very similar in their dimensions:
From safety to style, our full-size wheelchair vans have loads of additional features (some optional). Our vans are equipped with multiple safety features such as disc brake wear sensors, rearview cameras, anti-lock brakes, etc.
We can also customize your ride, your way. We offer optional comfort-based and stylistic features like chrome appearance packages, swing out glass side doors, power heated outside mirrors and so much more.
To learn more about our Chevy and GMC full-size wheelchair vans (and all available features and options) give us a call today or browse our inventory.